The residential treatment setting and its staff are in place to offer an environment that will, to a significant degree, be able to cope with, and adjust to the developmental and therapeutic needs of the children and youth in their care.
Positive Youth Interventions has over 30 years of expertise in the field of Residential Treatment.
PYI offers specific training programs for direct care staff which are reality based, and reflect the real life experiences of our trainers.
- Understand the impact of traumatic experiences on the thinking, feeling, and behavior of children and youth we serve
- Are Responsive instead of Reactive
- Use Influence instead of Control
- Challenge by Choice
- Seek out the Strengths and Potential of each child
- See Problems as Opportunities
- Are Safe
- Have Stable and Predictable environments
- Are Respected and given Positive Regard at all times
- Have Positive and Therapeutic Relationships
- Have Opportunities to be Competent
- Have no fear of Blame, Shame, or Pain
PYI consultations can review existing program models, program structure, staff development programs, staff/child interactions, activity programming, and crisis intervention.